CIO Leadership Roundtable Facilitators
- Jim has over 40 years of leadership experience in the Corporate World, Education, Navy, Consulting, and as a Small Business Owner.
- Jim has a PhD and MEd in Counseling from the University of Florida as well as a BA from Marquette University.
- His 18 years at Dell includes stints as a Major Account Manager, Sr. Training Manager, K-12 National Account Manager, and as Executive Recruiter. Jim also has experience as an Executive GM and Director of recruiting with NCH Corp, as a VP Consulting – Drake Beam Morrin, Counseling Psychologist and Director of Career Planning and Placement at Trinity University, Owner Gainesville Camper Mart, Naval Aviator, Adjunct Faculty at University of North Florida, St. Edwards University, Trinity University, and has taught courses at St. Mary’s University courses in Organizational Behavior and Counseling.
- His wisdom and life experience has been gained from formal education, life experiences and by developing longstanding business relationships. Jim also implemented a Solution selling approach working with Dell Major Public Accounts and fostered long term customer relationships while helping customers deploy complex technology solutions.
- Recognized as 2004 World-wide Account Executive of the year.
- Chris has over 22 years of leadership experience in government, non-profit, and private industry. Chris has an MBA from Liberty University.
- In private industry, Chris served in website development and maintenance. As a non-profit executive, he oversaw all IT functions including network management/administration, systems analysis, web, database administration, server administration, computer and auxiliary operations. He launched multiple online learning initiatives and e-tools used by customers worldwide. Chris also served in economic development and college faculty providing IT skills and equipment to low income families. He also helped launch a business incubator and recruited IT firms to relocate and provide jobs that diversified a struggling economy.
- He serves as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force Reserves as a Program Manager and served active duty for 6.5 years. His service allowed him to lead initiatives such as the Y2K Program Manager for the F-16 aircraft, support Presidential secure telecom, field command, communications and control systems. Chris also launched an Air Force Best Practice online learning site used by over 1,000 bases worldwide.
Alex is a dedicated hard worker whose creativity and unique analytic skills allow him to address any situation from a variety of different angles. Alex’s expertise is in presenting, communicating, and selling ideas in a way that is both effective and engaging. He has experience working in both a large multi-billion dollar corporation as well as a small private owned business, giving him an invaluable perspective on how both business models operate. Alex has also competed and thrived in several national speech competitions, a process that helped him refine his communication skills through a detailed training process.
Philgood Davis has a passion for I.T. and for his customers. He holds degrees in Management, Marketing, and Electronic Systems Technology from Western Kentucky University. He has also served honorably in the United States Air Force doing ground radio, satellite communications, encryption, decryption, and med tech work for the Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron.
After his military service was over he went to work for Dell as an accounts manager working numerous verticals from healthcare, banking/insurance, manufacturing, and more. This career path ultimately led him to vTECH io as a Regional Account Executive years ago where he happily serves those verticals along with city, state, local government, K-12, and higher ed.
While working for Dell his knowledge of I.T. grew but also his ability to identify pain points, how to find solutions for those pain points, and how to negotiate on the customers behalf to create a win/win for everyone. All of that combined with his “customer first” mentality makes Philgood successful in his role.
Why is he so passionate about the C.I.O. Forums?
His military career is where he began to understand how crucial leadership is for a team. Understanding what drives an organization, where they stand presently, and where they want to be in the future can sometimes help determine what sort of leader or leadership style is needed. “Our forums aren’t selling tools. We do not pitch products or push customers in any direction. Instead, what we do is create a network of peers that shares thoughts and ideas, successes and failures, and ultimately provide a tight knit group of shoulders to lean on”, Philgood says. These forums have helped many of our attendees grow their organization or become more efficient by adopting other’s strategies. Some of my customers have called our sessions “therapy”. It’s a great feeling to be able to help people connect.
- Jon has over 37 years of experience as a Sales and Marketing professional in the Information Technology industry.
- Jon has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Bowling Green State University and an MBA from the University of Michigan.
- Jon began his career with IBM in Detroit, Michigan and over the course of 30 years, gained broad business perspective through roles in Sales and Sales Management, Business Development, Finance and Planning and as an Industry Specialist focused on the Healthcare Industry.
- After retiring from IBM, Jon continued his focus on Healthcare by joining a new business unit within Dell dedicated to the storage and secure protection of clinical information.
- In his current assignment as a Regional Account Executive for vTECH io, Jon is back to his roots in the role he values most – creating long-term relationships with his customers and engaging skilled resources to deliver IT solutions to address critical business needs.